Oct 17 2011

Finding Bargains at Legoland Florida

LEGOLAND Florida Bench Logo

A day at an amusement park can be an expensive affair.  Once you’ve paid for tickets and parking, you’ll still have to eat, and will likely want to bring home a souvenir.  I made the rounds at Legoland Florida and found these extras that won’t cost an arm an a leg once you’re in the park.

First of all, for those who can visit for more than one day, you have some options that can save money.  One-day ticket prices are $75 for adults and $65 for kids 3-12 and seniors 60+.  If you’re visiting for a second day, stop by Guest Services the first day you’re there to upgrade your ticket to a 2-day pass for an extra $15/person (see Admissions FAQ) or purchase an annual pass for $129 for adults and $99 for kids and seniors.  If you’re going the route of an annual pass, it may be worth it to have one member of your family buy the deluxe pass for an extra $30, which will give you discounts in the park and free parking (normally $12/day).

Thirsty while at the park?  Pepsi products and bottled water are $2.49, but you can find a carton of milk at many locations throughout the park for $1.  The Market restaurant has white, chocolate, and strawberry milk available.  Or find a water fountain in the park for a free drink anytime.  Reusable water bottles are available in The Big Shop.

Hungry?  An order of apple fries ($4.99) can easily be shared by 2-3 people, or you can buy a Granny Smith apple at the Apple Fries stand for $1.

There’s a popcorn stand between Kingdoms and Land of Adventure.  I didn’t see the price posted, so I asked:  $4 for the first tub of popcorn, and $1.50 for refills.

For a sweet treat that won’t disappear right away, there are 79-cent lollipops in the candy shop in Fun Town, with two shapes to choose from.

LEGOLAND Florida Lollipops

If you want a souvenir of the park, consider stopping in the Minifigure Market, where you can make your own unique minifigures (3 for $10) or purchase a minifigure kit for $2.99.  Throughout the day, you can trade your minifigures with any park employee who has one one his or her nametag.  You can keep trading all day until you find the one you want to keep.

Visit Legoland Florida on your birthday and stop by Guest Services to pick up a free birthday button.  I saw many park employees making a special point of greeting people with birthday buttons, so it could be an especially fun way to spend your birthday.

One thing I liked about Legoland Florida is that once you’ve paid your admission, all of your fun (with the exception of carnival games) is included.  There are no “premium” experiences that you have to pay extra for.

Did you find any bargains at Legoland Florida?  If so, please share them in the comments.

Read more:

Legoland Florida near Winter Haven

Eating at Legoland Florida (with or without food allergies)

Beyond Miniland: Lego Creations at Legoland Florida

7 Reasons to Visit Legoland Florida

11 Things at Legoland Florida

World’s Largest Legoland

Legoland Florida–The Belle of Theme Parks

Legoland Florida paid for my expenses to visit Florida for the grand opening of Legoland Florida.  I chose what to write and how to share the experience with my readers.

15 Comments to “Finding Bargains at Legoland Florida”

1. [...] Finding Bargains at Legoland Florida [...]

2. [...] more:  Finding Bargains at Legoland Florida, Eating at Legoland Florida (with or without food allergies); Beyond Miniland: Lego Creations at [...]

3. Melissa on 17 Oct 2011 at 7:36 pm

Thanks so much for your overview of Legoland! The boys and I have been looking at all your photos and we are all quite impressed! I especially appreciate knowing the cost of things. When traveling with a family of six, this can be an issue!

Melissa
    Northern Plain Living

4. Colleen Lanin on 18 Oct 2011 at 4:27 pm

Great tips for saving money at LEGOLAND Florida! I’m SO impressed with how many LEGOLAND stories you already have up, girl!

5. [...] Finding Bargains at Legoland Florida [...]

6. yaniv on 20 Oct 2011 at 2:53 pm

Thanks for your effort it dose can save alot of money , and lego was my favor game hoby , thanks for sharing the tips :-)

7. Traci on 23 Oct 2011 at 6:57 pm

Wait, they sold real apples at the apple fries stand?! I didn’t even notice. ;-)

8. clarissa on 08 Dec 2011 at 4:23 pm

I am going to buy annual passes for $129 adult and $99 for kids. I want parking too so I am planning on buy the adult pass that includes parking at $159. I am considering buying the “child” pass that includes parking and is only $129. Clearly my kid isn’t going to drive. As long as I bring that kid every time can I buy the cheaper $129 and still get unlimited parking?

The only drawback I see is that I must bring that particular kid – I have four and one kid may be sick or something.

My question: would I be able to buy a kid annual parking pass?

9. minnemom on 08 Dec 2011 at 6:41 pm

You’d have to ask the Legoland people if you can buy the child annual pass, but it really wouldn’t cost you any more to add the parking to your pass. It’s a $30 difference from the regular pass to the parking pass, whether you’re a kid or an adult.

10. BookMama on 25 Dec 2011 at 8:06 pm

We are heading to Legoland Florida tomorrow and found the best bargain of all – my folks spend the “winter” (mid-October to early May LOL) here and got coupons from McDonald’s that are good for one free child ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket. So, we’ll save about $130 tomorrow (plus whatever we save with your great tips). Can’t wait to go!

11. minnemom on 28 Dec 2011 at 9:10 pm

Hope you had fun at Legoland. Was it incredibly crowded? Congrats on scoring a great deal!

12. BookMama on 28 Dec 2011 at 10:25 pm

We had a great time! It was crowded, but not nearly as crowded as when we went to Disneyworld last time we were in Florida. (You might remember my blog post about that visit. LOL) We didn’t leave with the feeling that we’d missed a lot. There were lines of 30-45 minutes for some of the bigger rides, but we pretty much let the kids decided whether they wanted to wait or move on, and all was well.

I noticed on Facebook today that they stopped letting people in at 12:30 due to capacity crowds – now THAT’S crowded! (It was overcast the morning we went, which I think made a difference.)

FYI, I’m pretty sure that discount code from McD’s wasn’t unique to our specific coupon – the McD’s down the street from LegoLand (we were starving when we left LegoLand) had table stickers that included the B1G1 deal as well as the code. I’m sure it could easily be found via Google. :)

13. LoMommy on 15 Mar 2012 at 7:50 pm

Until March 31, 2012 Legoland.com/mcdonalds has buy one adult ticket get one free. We did this and it was great. We have a third child and when I called Legoland, they told me to stop at the Publix just before the park and buy a Legoland gift card for $50 for her. Big savings. We still wanted another day and upgraded, but overall, saved a lot. Planning on taking second day tomorrow and parking at Eagle Mall and shuttling in…we’ll see how it goes.

14. emily on 14 Jun 2012 at 10:30 pm

to answer a question posed above in the comments, we upgraded our son’s pass to get the free parking last october. when we pulled through to park, we just handed the pass to the parking attendant, and he scanned it. he didn’t check to see that the child on the pass was actually in the vehicle with us (which he was…). the same was true when using the pass to get discounts on food and merchandise. my son was rarely standing beside me when i used the card to check out at the registers. it was never a problem. they may have cracked down since october, but i just thought i’d share my experience.

i also brought in our own water bottles and a few snacks (i was pregnant and needed to eat pretty much all day!), and there was never an issue with it.

i will say that our favorite way to save money at legoland was to eat at the market restaurant at the front of the park. my husband and i easily split the 1/2 rotisserie chicken with delicious potatoes and other sides for $9 total, i think it was? the sandwich shop at the back of the park (near the pirate show) is a total rip-off compared to the market restaurant, so i recommend steering clear of the sandwich shop.

we loved our first visit to legoland and look forward to returning before our passes expire!

15. Julie M on 14 Apr 2014 at 1:25 pm

My advice would be to bring in a cooler (totally allowable – check the website for dimensions of coolers that are allowed) We bring in snacks for all day and then usually eat only one meal at the park. When it gets dark – all kids like the glow in the dark stuff. I bring my own and then skip the costly additional expenses. Also, we have one little that is too little for the rides, so my hubby and I do the child swap and our kids get to go twice on all the rides. Don’t forget to stop by one of the shops for the free catalogue for the ride home (that way they can oogle all of the leggos they want to ask Santa for, etc.)