Mar 29 2011
Spring break and summer vacation are in our future after a long winter. Are you planning a family getaway? Perhaps some of these posts will give you an idea or two.
- Arabian Nights (Orlando, FL) at The Rocket Scientist’s Guide to Raising Kids.
- Atlanta’s High Museum of Art with Kids at Field Trips with Sue.
- Big Family Travel to Washington, D.C. at Six Suitcase Travel.
- Colorado Springs in any Weather at Road Trips for Families.
- Connecting with Other Kids: Is a Playdate Necessary? at AK on the Go. (For the record, I’m definitely in the NO camp on this question.)
- Fun Family Package at Ohio State Parks Lodges at We Just Got Back.
- Hobson’s Bluffdale Vacation Farm (Eldred, IL) at the Talking Trekaroo.
- Indianapolis Children’s Museum at Go Big or Go Home.
- Kidscommons (Children’s Museum) in Columbus, IN, at Arrows Sent Forth.
- Musings on Museums (Laura Ingalls Wilder sites in Walnut Grove, MN) at A Closer Look at Flyover Land.
- The Root Beer Lady of Ely, MN, at Midwest Guest.
- Safety Briefings for Families at AK on the Go. (I especially like #4.)
- San Diego posts at Pit Stops for Kids: Sea World San Diego, Old Town San Diego, Legoland California.
- 5 Free Things to Do in Tulsa with Kids at Road Trips for Families.
- 7 Pictures to Capture at the Children’s Museum at Adventuroo.
- 6 Things for a 6-year-old to Do at Griffith Observatory (Los Angeles) at Go Explore Nature.
- Some kid-specific Walt Disney World posts at Uptake Attractions: Best Things for Kids to Do at Epcot, Best Rides for School-Aged Kids at Animal Kingdom, Best Rides for Kids at Hollywood Studios, Best Rides for Not-So-Little Kids at Magic Kingdom.
- 12 Tips for Saving Money at Great Wolf Lodge at DeliciousBaby.
- Tips for Taking a Toddler to Disneyland at The Vacation Gals.
- Watch Bald Eagles Soar Above the Mississippi River at 10,000 Likes.
- Why We Love Rental Properties While Traveling as a Family at Arrows Sent Forth.
- World’s Largest Concrete Bull (Audubon, IA) at Eccentric Roadside.
- World’s Second-Largest Botanic Garden, Montreal, Quebec, at Go Big or Go Home.
- Though it’s not necessarily travel-related, I’m enjoying a new-found blog, Minnesota Prairie Roots.
That’s quite a list, isn’t it? I hope you can find some inspiration for your upcoming travels in these posts. Happy Spring!