Jan 05 2010

Texas Photo: Eiffel Tower in Paris, Texas

Since we just got back from Texas, I guess this is as good a time as any to jump in on Wandering Off‘s Texas Photo days.

My first entry is something we drove out of our way to see:  the Eiffel Tower (with cowboy hat) in Paris, Texas.

Eiffel Tower Paris TX.JPG

Although the kids were disappointed that we couldn’t actually go up in the tower, they still thought it was pretty cool.  Especially the cowboy hat.  What else would you expect in Texas?

The Eiffel Tower in Paris, Texas, is located on Jefferson, right next to the civic/convention center.  There are signs for the civic center, but not the tower, as far as we could tell.  Maybe they’re trying to keep it under their hat?

Published by at 4:32 pm under Roadside Attractions
Tags: , , ,

10 Comments to “Texas Photo: Eiffel Tower in Paris, Texas”

1. Sarah V. on 05 Jan 2010 at 5:01 pm

This is awesome! I love these kinds of fun photo-ops for my daughter.

My list of places I want to see in Texas keeps expanding. Looks like I’ve got one more spot to add to the list! Thanks for participating in Texas Photo Tuesday!
    .-= Sarah V.´s last blog ..Texas Photo: Crosswalk Sign =-.

2. Jen on 05 Jan 2010 at 7:59 pm

That is hilarious and doesn’t look much smaller than the real thing!
    .-= Jen´s last blog ..Travel Blogger Tuesday is Back with Double the Adventure! =-.

3. Angela Nickerson on 05 Jan 2010 at 9:18 pm

Love it! Love it! Love it!
    .-= Angela Nickerson´s last blog ..Contests and Winners =-.

4. Amy @ The Q Family on 06 Jan 2010 at 9:25 am

That’s so neat!!! Love the cowboy hat touch.
    .-= Amy @ The Q Family´s last blog ..Our Family Travel in 2009 =-.

5. Lisa Marie on 11 Jan 2010 at 9:52 am

I live in Paris France, and Parrish Florida !! I find this hysterical and perhaps one day we will get to Texas to see it!! How funny, I have to show it to my husband. Who would of ever thought the Eiffel Tower in Texas and how appropriate with the cow boy hat! LOL

6. [...] love a stop at the World’s Largest Buffalo or the World’s Largest Twine Ball or the Eiffel Tower with a cowboy hat. If a road trip is in our plans, you can be sure we’re going to find some quirky stops along [...]

7. Sally@Indianapolis Homes for Sale on 17 Jul 2010 at 10:11 am

This is so funny. Those Texans sure do have a great sense of humor.
    Shouldn’t there be an overpriced gift shop at the bottom?

8. Amy Sue on 17 Jan 2011 at 3:27 pm

I not only love the Eiffel Tower with the cowboy hat, I love this small town. The only problem is that the only stuff you find online about Paris Texas is the racism or the Eiffel Tower. That’s why I started InParisTexas.com, with weekly articles, business reviews, and a free business directory to find it all in one place. Let me know what you think!
    .-= Amy Sue´s last blog ..Circle W Health Foods =-.

9. minnemom on 17 Jan 2011 at 8:12 pm

Amy Sue, what a great idea to write about the positive things in your community. We came just for the Eiffel Tower and didn’t know anything about racism in your town, but as drive-through visitors we wished the Eiffel Tower had been highlighted more (a sign or two, souvenirs?). Your site will be helpful for both locals and visitors. I wish you continued success. Linda

10. Mallary on 18 Sep 2011 at 1:58 pm

I’m from this town. And, it’s about as much fun as the receiving end of a massacre. However, go during the fair time, but don’t eat there, eat at a local restaurant. Maybe Nancy’s or Burger land. Just don’t expect much else there when you go.