Dec 20 2009
This marker lies at the intersection of the states of Minnesota, Iowa, and South Dakota.
1859: Set at the junction of the states of Minnesota, Iowa, and Dakota Territory by the Federal Land Office survey of Minnesota’s western boundary.
Early 1900′s: Removed after partial destruction by vandals.
1938: Repaired and reset by adjacent counties at original site under direction of U. S. Department of Interior.
1979: Broken from base by vehicle traffic.
1980: Restored and relocated at this site by the county governments and historical societies of Lyon County, IA, Rock County, MN, and Minnehaha County, SD. Flush marker set at original location – 43 – 30′ N.L.
Dedicated to the pioneers of Siouxland this 26th day of October 1980.