Oct 08 2009
I know I missed a week, but school schedules, being sick, and trying to bring in the last of the tomatoes and apples before snow comes our way have made life a little hectic recently. It’s been raining a lot here, which is not well-timed since my husband would prefer to be harvesting, but it’s given us a chance to go on a few extra family outings. If you’re looking for family-fun ideas, read on.
- I love a travel-blog post that begins with a photo of a library! It’s one of the great free things to do in Seattle, outlined at Uptake Vacations.
- A county fair in the middle of a city? That’s what Double the Adventure found at the LA County Fair.
- Travel Savvy Mom tried out a houseboat vacation and offers tips on enjoying the adventure.
- Interested in FDR? Read about the Little White House, Warm Springs, GA, at Uptake Attractions.
- Wisconsin has a surprising amount of concrete art. Midwest Weekends tells us where to find it.
- Midwest Guest introduces us to Greenfield Village in Dearborn, MI.
- I haven’t taken the kids to Como Zoo in St. Paul for a couple of years, but Beth Blair of the Vacation Gals made it one of their first outings when she moved to Minnesota. Best of all, it’s free!
- There’s a new Walt Disney Family Museum in San Francisco. Frisco Kids gives the scoop on whether it’s a great place to visit.
- Mommy Poppins gives tips on taking a daytrip from New York City to City Island.
- Family Travel Guide continues its social-media trip around the U.S. with Family Travel in New York.
- Going to Chicago? See if a City Pass will save you money at Uptake Attractions.
- The Rocket Scientist’s Guide to Raising Kids (and yes, she really is a rocket scientist!) visited St. Augustine, FL.
- I love free things when I travel! We Just Got Back has Five Fab Freebies in Tampa.
- The Trekaroo KidsMobile stopped in Los Angeles. See some different takes on things to do there with kids.
- Is Legoland worth the admission price? Read Sharlene’s take at Double the Adventure.
- Boston’s Freedom Trail is on our to-do list someday. Uptake Vacations has a post about it.
- Thinking of an extended vacation? Read Top Five Tips from a Five-Month Family Road Trip at Away.
If you’re in Ohio, there are some great deals to be found in the Columbus area this weekend. A reader (ok, she’s my sister, but I’m happy that she reads my blog) pointed me to a post at cBus Mom that outlines the discounts.
As for us, we’re headed to “Love the Pie” at Minnetonka Orchards this weekend. With a high of 37, we’ll be wearing our winter duds, but we plan on having fun at the orchard. Do you have a favorite orchard or fall event to you like to attend?