Mar 06 2009
Here are a few family-friendly happenings in Minnesota this weekend:
- In New Ulm Saturday, March 7, from 1-4, you can celebrate Wanda Gag’s birthday at the Wanda Gag House. It will involve songs, crafts, games, juggling, and a book reading. Wanda Gag’s Millions of Cats is considered to be the first real picture book and has never been out of print in its 80-year life.
- Author of the new children’s book Mudville, Kurtis Scaletta, will appear at the Rockford Road Library in Crystal, MN, at 1:30 on Sunday. He’ll read from Mudville and share some of his favorite baseball books with Minnesota connections. (Bring your own copy of Mudville if you want it signed.)
- Sunday is a Target Fun Day at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. From 11-5, there will be free fun and activities on the theme of Birds, Snakes, and Flying Foxes.
Interesting family-travel posts from the past week:
- Rainy Day Activities in San Francisco at Uptake Attractions.
- California State Railroad Museum at Frisco Kids.
- Top Ten Spring Break Destinations for Families at away.com.
- Air Travel with a Toddler at Uptake Vacations.
- The Georgia Aquarium at Uptake Attractions.
- Five Free Fun Activities for Kids in New York City at Mommy Poppins.
- Cruising the Caribbean on Disney Cruise Lines at Uptake Vacations.
- The ADHD Child and Walt Disney World at Suite101.
Hope you find some good family fun this weekend!