Feb 27 2009
Here are some of my favorite family-travel posts from the past few weeks.
- 10 quiet travel toys at Travel Savvy Mom.
- Mrs. Grossman’s Sticker Factory Tour at Frisco Kids.
- I’m intrigued by Foamhenge as shown at Jendi’s Journal.
- 10 Great Kid-Friendly Museums in Minneapolis/St. Paul (by me!) at Uptake Attractions.
- What You Need to Know about Flying with Infants at away.com.
- Phoenix with Kids at Deliciousbaby.
- Tips for an outing with one parent and multiple kids at Family Adventure Guidebooks.
- 6 Really Big Things in America at Frommer‘s.
- Best Campgrounds in California at Kids Go West.
- Kid-friendly motion sickness remedies at On the Go with Amy.
- 3 Places to Expose Kids to History at One the Go with Amy. (These are all on my list!)
- Best Educational Activities for Kids in Boston at TravelingMamas.
- Pixieland Amusement Park for little ones in Concord, CA, at Uptake Vacations.
- Tours of the Moon Marble Factory in Bonner Springs, KS, at Writing Travel.
I also want to mention a few things going on in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area tomorrow (Saturday 2/28).
- It’s Techfest at The Works, which means free admission and special displays and presentations. If you haven’t been to The Works yet, stay away tomorrow so it’s not too crowded for me tomorrow’s a good day to check it out.
- If you have a budding writer in grade K-3, there’s a Reading Rainbow Story-Writing workshop at the Country Inn and Suites Mall of America. I’ll copy the press release below with details because I don’t see a website link.
- Another helping of Global Hotdish at the Minnesota History Center.
- There are also several free events listed at GoCityKids, the site I always check when looking for things to do.
COUNTRY INN & SUITES BY CARLSON BLOOMINGTON AT MALL OF AMERICA HOSTS TWIN CITIES KIDS FOR READING RAINBOW STORY-WRITING EVENT
Feb. 28, 2009 (February is I Love To Read month)
WHAT: The Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Bloomington at Mall of America is hosting kids from kindergarten to third grade for a special day of story-writing fun as they prepare their story entries for the 15th annual Reading Rainbow Young Writers & Illustrators Contest. Kids from the community will participate in a writing workshop at the hotel where they’ll learn what it takes to write and illustrate a great story, and then have the opportunity to work on their stories. There will also be door prizes for children who attend the event.
WHO: The event will include kids from the community as well as representatives from the hotel and writing coaches to assist with the workshop.
WHEN: Feb 28, 2009 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
WHERE: Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Bloomington at Mall of America
2221 Killebrew Drive
Bloomington, MN 55425
BACKGROUND: Now in its 15th Year, the Reading Rainbow Young Writers & Illustrators Contest encourages kids from Kindergarten through Third Grade to write and illustrate an original story and submit it to a nationwide contest. The contest is meant to encourage children’s writing and story telling skills. Winning story entries are eligible for both local and national awards. Country Inns & Suites By Carlson recently signed-on as a presenting sponsor of the Emmy-Award winning Reading Rainbow program featured on PBS television.
CONTACT: Joan Lillie, Director of Sales 952.854.5555, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Faust, Carlson Hotels Worldwide 763.212.3371. email@example.com