Dec 17 2008
While I’ve been planning for our own upcoming vacation, I’ve gotten behind on seeing what others have been doing. This will be the final roundup of 2008 and I’ll resume when we return from our holiday travels.
- Tips for attending the Holidazzle Parade in Minneapolis at Best Kid Friendly Travel. I wish I’d seen this post before we went downtown last Friday. We chickened out and didn’t stay for the parade
- Need to get out of the house in the winter? Try a Home Depot kids’ workshop, held every Saturday, as described at Uptake Attractions.
- Debbie at DeliciousBaby recommends 7 Gifts to Inspire Your Little Traveler. She also hosted a guest post on 10 Family Friendly Hiking Trails in Colorado.
- Family Adventure Guidebooks has some good family-roadtrip travel planning tips, including a link to a good winter-survival-kit site.
- TravelSavvy Mom had some fun on a San Francisco Ducks tour. She also features some of her favorite websites for planning family adventures.
- Family Travelogue featured the Dr. Pepper Museum in Waco, TX.
- Need some new travel ideas? Read Five Family Travel Books to Get You Going at Have Kids Will Travel. Want the kids to enjoy the trip and planning? Read Travel Guide Books for the Kids in Your Life.
- Not a family-travel article, but there’s a good explanation of ice fishing in Minnesota from the LA Times. (Seems ironic to me that the article is from California!)
- Winter Travel Ideas for Kids at New York Traveler.
- This one’s on the itinerary for our upcoming trip: A Longwood Gardens Christmas at Suite101.